WEDNESDAY, FEB. 29: There is a three-way race for the league title in the First Division after last Wednesday night’s matches.

Queen’s Club1 secured their lead at the top by defeating Watford Sports Club1 5-1.

Karl Wilson and Maurice Hawkins played the double frame games with Wilson winning both games 55-12 and 62-37. Matt Garrod defeated Steven Bremar 56-42. Zane De Silva got the lone point for WSC by defeating Mike Zimmerman 58-30. The doubles match saw Garrod and Kat Wilson defeat De Silva and Bremar 83-17.

Sandy’s Boat Club1 moved into second place by defeating Warwick Workman’s Club1 5-1.

Peter Bromby defeated J. R. Robinson 73-25. Martin Siese beat Keith Smith 62-18. Gary Bascome and Stuart Matthews split a point each in the double frame games. Matthews took the first game 55-44 with Bascome taking the second game 56-22. The doubles match saw Siese and Bromby defeat Smith and James Talbot 62-51.

Warwick Workman’s Club2 defeated Royal Artillery Association1 6 – 0.

Timmy Sousa beat Honky Burrows 52-30. Wally Tucker won both his games by defeating Joseph Hayward 76-35 and 60-33. Andre Burgess won his game against Mike McGowan 59-22. The doubles match saw Reuben Burchall and Burgess defeat Burrows/McGowan 54-48.

It’s anyone’s call in the Second Division race.

Queen’s Club2 have moved to the top of the leader’s board “temporarily”, as Spanish Point Boat Club2 still have two games in hand.

Queen’s Club2 defeated Royal Hamilton Amateur Dinghy Club2 6 – 0.

Gregg Swinbourne defeated Ross Spurling 45-28. Rick Dorush won his game against Jon Pedro 46-25. Jimmy McGill won his two games 53-32 and 54-33 against Bart Lewis. The doubles match was won by Dorush and John Burns 71 against Spurling and Pedro 18.

Watford Sports Club2 moved into second place by defeating Spanish Point Boat Club3 5 -1.

Tony Dawson got the night started for WSC2 by winning his two games against Stephen Panchaud 49-43 and 52-37. Steven Holloway defeated Aaron Bean 49-11. Roger “Sticks” Henderson won his game against Scott Barnes 43-18. The doubles match was won by Bean and Timmy Simons by defeating Mike Camara and Holloway 60-39.

The match between Spanish Point Boat Club2 and SBC2 was postponed.

Karl Wilson captured the high break of 28 for the night.

The Island Construction Knockout Tournament saw Watford Sports Club1 defeating Sandy’s Boat Club1 3-0 and Warwick Workman’s Club1 defeated Warwick Workman’s Club2 3-1. The finals are scheduled to be played on Saturday, March 31 at Queen’s Club starting at 7:30pm.

Bermuda Open draw

The draw was held last Monday and should any player not be able to play on the scheduled night, they are asked to sort out an alternative as soon as possible with their opponent.

Singles draw to start on Tuesday, March 6 at 7pm. There are scheduling conflicts with several players of the same club being drawn for home games. Should the times allocated not be convenient, you can work any changes out amongst yourselves. Also if you have to reschedule a game please ensure that the games are played within the week of original scheduled date.

Keith Smith v Timmy Sousa; Stewart Greenslade v Chris Dakin; Aaron Bean v Tony Dawson; Tony DeSilva v James Talbot (9pm); Matt Garrod v Karl Wilson; Steven Bremar v Gary Bascome (TBD); Andy Peniston v Reuben Burchall   ; Courtland Furbert v Peter Bromby (9pm)

Double draw

Matches scheduled to start on Thursday, March 8 at 7pm.

Steven Bremar and Zane De Silva v Karl Wilson and Mike Zimmerman at 7:3opm on March 6.

Tony DeSilva and Ray DeSilva v Matt Garrod and Stephen Roberts at 7:30pm on March 1.

Courtland Furbert and Leon Smith v Wally Tucker and Andre Burgess.

Maurice Hawkins and Andy Peniston v Tony Dawson and Aaron Bean.

Penny DeSilva is the public relations officer for the Bermuda Snooker Association.