SATURDAY, JULY 14 (2:30PM UPDATE): Power has been restored to nearly all the homes hit by a major BELCO power cut, the firm said this afternoon.
By 1:55pm, a spokeswoman for BELCO said just 740 users out of the 15,800 affected by the power cut were still without electricity.
Around 100 users in the White Hill area of Sandys were still without power at around 2.15pm - just over two hours after three generators shut down at BELCO's Pembroke power plant.
A spokeswoman for BELCO said all three engines had been returned to service.
She added: "Crews will work to restore electricity service to those customers still affected as quickly as possible."
The generators tripped their circuits and closed down around noon, affected nearly 16,000 customers across the island. Parts of Hamilton, eastern, central and western parishes were affected.
The cause of the outage is under investigation.