SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 1: Four Pembroke men who were arrested after a gunman tried to open fire outside Woody's Bar in Sandys have been released on police bail.
The CCTV image taken from Woody's of the moment the gunman tried to open fire outside the bar. *Photo supplied
Today a police spokesman said that investigations into the incident were still ongoing, but the men had been released on police bail pending further inquires.
The spokesman added: "No weapon has been recovered and there has been limited assistance from the public so far.
"However investigations are ongoing and we continue to build the evidence and process the forensic evidence gleaned."
Earlier this week police released a CCTV image taken from Woody's of the moment the gunman tried to open fire outside the bar.
Detectives have sent the footage from Woody’s to experts overseas for digital enhancement to help determine the identity of the suspect as well as the type of firearm.
On Thursday Chief Inspector Nick Pedro revealed that detectives believed that the gunman and perhaps an accomplice had travelled by jet ski from Spanish Point to Sandys to carry out the shooting.
Nobody was injured as a result of the attempted shooting because the gun either jammed or malfunctioned.
Chief Inspector Pedro said: "I am appealing to all of family, friends, and loved ones out there that know something about this matter, or any other shooting or murder, to do the right thing – and help bring these perpetrators to justice.
“I am also asking those people in the community that are in a position to exert some influence over people engaged in these activities to intervene to prevent an escalation in tension and violence in response to this incident."
Anyone with information about the incident should call the Serious Crime Unit on 247-1739 or Crime Stopper on 800-8477.