Bermuda Sun Website House Rules
The following rules apply to all articles, comments, images and video submitted to bermudasun.bm. By making a submission, you agree to abide by these rules and also by the more extensive rules set out in the Terms of Service.
1. The Bermuda Sun is not responsible for censoring or monitoring contributions from sources outside the organization, including comments, articles, images and video, but it reserves the right to enforce the policies outlined here and in the Terms of Service.
2. The Bermuda Sun does not endorse and is not responsible for any statement, opinion or advice made in user contributions. The contributor is solely liable in any legal action resulting from material posted to bermudasun.bm and will keep indemnified and hold harmless The Bermuda Sun and its publishers from any legal liability arising out of material posted to bermudasun.bm .
3. The Bermuda Sun reserves the right to remove any comment, article, image or video submitted to bermudasun.bm at any time and for any reason without explanation.
4. The Bermuda Sun also reserves the right to suspend or terminate the account of any user who violates any of the rules below or the Terms of Service.
5. Comment posts are limited to 250 words.
6. Comments must be on topic. Keep your comments relevant to the story under discussion and avoid making personal comments about other users.
7. You agree not to submit any false, defamatory, abusive, obscene, profane, threatening, racially offensive, homophobic, sexually explicit or illegal material.
8. In posting comments on the contributions of others, you agree not to harass other users.
9. You may not submit information that is libelous or defamatory or that discloses private or personal matters concerning any person.
10. You may not post information or links that are obscene or pornographic.
11. You may not submit material that violates the property rights of others, including copyrighted or trademarked material, trade secrets or other confidential information.
12. You may not submit content solely focused on the promotion of commercial events or businesses.
13. You assert that the information, pictures and video you contribute are your own, are licensed to be uploaded and downloaded by other participants, are in the public domain, or are otherwise free of copyright or other restrictions. You also grant bermudasun.bm and its proprietors an irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free license to redistribute or republish the information in any medium or form.
14. You may not post material that risks prejudicing ongoing or forthcoming court proceedings or that violates any court order.
15. Do not post your or anyone else’s personal information, including address, place of employment, telephone number, email address, etc. This is for your own and others’ safety.
16. Do not submit comments in capital letters – the internet equivalent of shouting.
17. You may not impersonate another person, including another user.
18. Do not include website URLs in your comments. If you would like to refer other users to external web pages, please suggest search engine keywords and/or names of organisations.
Terms of Service