The Masterworks Museum of Bermuda Art made sure its 25th anniversary year was a memorable one with a year crammed full of festivities and special exhibitions. For the full schedule of events please go to www.bermudamasterworks.com.
Here are some of the highlights for the 2012 schedule:
• 2nd - 29th: Philatelic Stamp Exhibit —
A history of Bermuda’s stamps in the Rick Faries Gallery.
• 19th - 29th: Royal Stamp Exhibit — Stamps from HRH Queen Elizabeth’s personal collection highlighting three Perot Bermuda stamps. Held in the Rick Faries Gallery.
• 3rd - through the summer: Captain Magnus Musson Exhibition — An exhibition of the last Captain of the Queen of Bermuda showcasing artworks, model ships, books and more.
• 4th - 30th: James Toogood Exhibition — A retrospective and new watercolours in the Rick Faries Gallery.
• 10th at 5:30pm: James Toogood slideshow and discussion.
• 1st - 7th: BPPA Biennial Exhibit — Bermuda Professional Photographic Association members showcase their work in the Rick Faries Gallery.
• 21st: John Lennon Tribute — The unveiling of Graham Foster’s statue and tribute concert and gala dinner in the Botanical Gardens. For info on tickets check out www.doublefantasybermuda.com
• June 21st - July 4th: John Lennon Litographs — An exhibition of original, John Lennon Lithographs in the Rick Faries Gallery. Limited edition prints on sale.
• 6th – 25th: Artists in Residence Kevin Lombard and Judith Paixao
• July 27th – August 29th: Celebrating 400 Years: St. Peter’s Church
• August 31st– September 12th: Masterworks Education Summer Student Exhibit
• 14th – 29th: Artist in Residence Melissa Wishart
• September 30th – October 11th: Museum Closed for Show Change-Over
• October 12th - November 24th: Charman Prize
• November 25th – December 6th: Museum Closed for Show Change-Over
• 7th - 20th: Artist in Residence Suzanne Dickenson Albert
• December 21st – January 10th: Masterworks Education Winter Student Exhibit